Today we are joined by one of our very own. Ron Garrett has been a powerlifter since he was a teenager and has competed and trained essentially his whole life. He’s an Army vet and is still working as a contractor for the government. He followed the conventional wisdom of medical advice and ended up developing diabetes. He found keto and fought through to regain his strength and become the absolute best version of himself possible. He also is an active member of his church and community and that’s why he’s here to talk with us today. He shares about his training routine but he also shares about the impact he’s trying to make on the African American community he’s surrounded by. He lives by example and shares freely the health and spiritual wisdom he has to share. You’ll want to listen a couple times. It’s just that good!
16:30 – Intro to Ron Garrett
33:50 -Fascinating Facts
- San Pellegrino is the saint of all divas
- 4.9 million African American adults 18.7% have been diagnosed or undiagnosed diabetes as compared to 7.1% in White Americans. 11.8% of Latino Hispanics have diagnosed diabetes and have a risk 66% higher risk than White Americans.
Brian – Mosquito Related…because Summer
- There are roughly 144k mosquitoes for every person on earth (7 billion humans on earth)
- Mosquito repellent does not repel mosquitoes, it simply masks your carbon dioxide signature which makes you effectively invisible to them.
- Johnny Appleseed planted a bunch of trees but they were much more bitter than the ones we have today and didn’t expect them to be eaten.
- Q is the only letter that isn’t represented in the names of the 50 States the United States.
45:50 – Continued Q& A with Ron
Don’t forget to sign up for KetoCon. You do not want to miss the all-star line up of guests, speakers, and keto experts. Find tickets at http://www.KetoCon.org/shop
For more info about and to join the Ketovangelist Unlimited group check out our website here: http://www.ketovangelistunlimited.com
Make sure to check out our new book Kickass KETO. Now available in print and digital. More info available here: http://carriebrown.com/kickass-keto