Today Brian and Danny share some hacks to help you on your keto journey. We also have a bit of a discussion about the DC cinematic universe, and it’s many woes. Make sure to chime in on the facebook group with your personal hacks and what you’ve found works for you.
16:32 – Reviews (See full text below)
22:11 – Fascinating facts:
Brian: (disclaimer: Must believe the lie of a spherical earth to believe today’s fact) A white dwarf star, known as LP327-186 that’s smaller than the state of Texas is so dense that a cubic inch on earth would weight 1.5 million tons. (Brian theorizes that it’s made up of the tears and hopes and dreams of the people who refuse to believe the earth is spherical)
Danny: Listening to “The Big Fat Surprise.” In the 30-year follow up from the Framingham Study, for each 1% mg/dl drop in cholesterol there was an 11% increase in coronary and total Mortality which is completely the opposite of what is commonly claimed in the medical community.
31:54 – Keto Hacks
- Sauna use
- Heat stress increases endurance
- prevents atrophy during muscle disuse (due to surge growth hormone)
- Improves insulin sensitivity by increasing glucose receptors in your muscle cells
- Increases BDNF and norepinephrine which stimulates the growth of new brain cells via neurogenesis and is associated with longevity
- LA Times article that talks about study Danny discusses: http://www.latimes.com/science/sciencenow/la-sci-sn-sauna-health-20150223-story.html
- Four days a week minimum
- >20 minutes per session
- 79℃ or 174℉ or greater
- Cut things out
- There’s a psychological aspect to cutting something vs. adding something
- Temp or Permanent
- Sweeteners, dairy, nuts, pork, any food that you think might be giving you an issue
- You’re not depriving yourself if you’re discovering something about yourself by cutting something out
- Having smaller menu options helps to make things easier for you
- If you think you can’t live without something, you might need to try living without it to see how that helps or affects you
- When experimenting, try to Add to the things you’re cutting out one at a time instead of re-adding things when you remove something else
- Six weeks is a good baseline period for a test
- A form of elimination that Brian and Danny are large advocates for
- Means eating only things that “had a face” and can include all types of meat. You may find you need to cut out specific types of meat to see what works for you
- Tracking vs. not Tracking
- If you’re not getting the results you want switch things up. If you track naturally, stop tracking for a time.
- Tracking can sometimes add stress. Removing that added stress can be a good thing.
- If you haven’t tracked and aren’t seeing improvements you want, you might need to try tracking and see if it will uncover something about yourself that you didn’t realize was happening.
- Getting bloodwork with a purpose
- You may find that you are deficient or have a metabolic disorder and having specific things to look at from bloodwork will help you learn about your body and things you need to do to improve your overall health
- The way you feel every way is likely the best indicator of how healthy you are.
- Bloodwork readings can help you see more clearly what you can do to improve things.
- Take power naps
- Benefits recovery and overall stress management
- If you can take power naps a couple of days a week, you should.
Make sure you tag #TKAHacks on the Facebook page what hacks you’ve found work for you.
Resources and links:
Cholestoralcode.com – Dave Feldman’s blog referenced by Danny and Brian
For more info about and to join the Ketovangelist Unlimited group check out our website here: http://www.ketovangelistunlimited.com
Make sure to check out our new book Kickass KETO. Now available in print and digital. More info available here: http://carriebrown.com/kickass-keto
Get your KetoCon tickets ASAP. You know you don’t want to miss out on an even bigger, better conference that’s being planned for this year. Here’s where you can find more details and get your tickets: https://www.ketocon.org/