Today Brian and Danny conclude their discussion that seeks to explore if a plant-based diet is superior to those that are animal based. Today’s focus is more to try to establish that compared to plant-based diets, you can be healthy on a meat-based diet. Due to a lack of published studies, we focus on only 3 studies that help to support this thesis. Let us know in the comments what you think about these studies and any additional info you might have to support or refute their content.
15:15 – Fascinating Facts:
- No one has ever been able to domesticate African elephants, only Indian elephants have been able to be domesticated for things like circuses
- From 1890 – 1900, 20 tons of ivory was shipped from Siberia to London and all the ivory was sourced from woolly mammoths found in the Siberian tundra
- The woolly mammoth had tusks that were nearly 16 feet long
- 63 Earths can fit inside Uranus
- The goal of this discussion is not to say that this person is wrong about their views or how they understood the studies they presented. We are just wanting to talk about them as objectively just to see what’s being said. We’re not trying to settle a dispute.
- No personal ill will toward anyone with a differing view.
- We are not arguing that a strictly animal-based diet is the best and most sustainable diet for everyone.
3 questions worth asking when reviewing these studies
- Does this study contribute to the body of evidence for or against plant-based diets is improving relevant health markers and reduction in risk of chronic disease?
- Does this study prove that an anima based diet would be less effective or deleterious in comparison to a plant-based diet?
- What exactly should we take away from this study?
19:48 – Part 3 Plants V Animals
- Not necessary full carnivore, but we are basing this on the assumption that meat is a significant portion of the diet
- The goal is to establish that there is nothing wrong with a primarily meat-based diet, specifically as compared to a plant-based diet
33:57 – August and Marie Krogh 1908
50:35 – Digestive microbiota and its influence on health: Facts and Myths
1:00:32 – European Journal of Nutrition – Micronutrient status and intake of omnivores, vegetarians, and vegans in Switzerland
For more info about and to join the Ketovangelist Unlimited group check out our website here: http://www.ketovangelistunlimited.com
Make sure to check out our new book Kickass KETO. Now available in print and digital. More info available here: http://carriebrown.com/kickass-keto
Get your KetoCon tickets ASAP. You know you don’t want to miss out on an even bigger, better conference that’s being planned for this year. Here’s where you can find more details and get your tickets: https://www.ketocon.org/