Today Brian and Danny continue their discussing of several scientific studies that seek to explore if a plant-based diet is superior to those that are animal based. Let us know in the comments what you think about these studies and any additional info you might have to support or refute their content.
- The goal of this discussion is not to say that this person is wrong about their views or how they understood the studies they presented. We are just wanting to talk about them as objectively just to see what’s being said. We’re not trying to settle a dispute.
- No personal ill will toward anyone with a differing view.
- We are not arguing that a strictly animal-based diet is the best and most sustainable diet for everyone.
3 questions worth asking when reviewing these studies
- Does this study contribute to the body of evidence for or against plant-based diets is improving relevant health markers and reduction in risk of chronic disease?
- Does this study prove that an anima based diet would be less effective or deleterious in comparison to a plant-based diet?
- What exactly should we take away from this study?
Studies being discussed:
3:30 – Vegans have 15% lower total cancer- https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26853923
12:27 – Fibre & mortality link – https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3513325/
25:57 – 15% lower all-cause mortality – https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4191896/
43:35 – Cohort study – https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4073139/
54:06 – Fascinating Facts:
Brian’s two random fascinating facts:
- It is illegal to own a dog in Reykjavik, Iceland.
- The Incas’ and certain other Columbian tribes created the decimal system 100+ years before anyone in Europe ever used it.
Danny’s fascinating fact:
- Hippopotamus fats are similar to unsaturated fats in the sense that they aren’t solid at room temperature. But they don’t go rancid like other poly and monounsaturated fats. But also, hippo ribs are supposed to me amazing
For more info about and to join the Ketovangelist Unlimited group check out our website here: http://www.ketovangelistunlimited.com
Make sure to check out our new book Kickass KETO. Now available in print and digital. More info available here: http://carriebrown.com/kickass-keto
Get your KetoCon tickets ASAP. You know you don’t want to miss out on an even bigger, better conference that’s being planned for this year. Here’s where you can find more details and get your tickets: https://www.ketocon.org/